Sunday, June 12, 2011

New Horizons

I woke up up this past Wednesday at about 6 am in pain. My monthly ritual. Woke up, took care of business and took some meds. Writhing in bed while Mikey slept peacefully at my side. I guess eventually i dozed off because next thing I know Mikey is telling me he just checked the USC website and he has the answer we've been waiting for.

You see once I finished my education we decided it was time for Mikey to go back to school. He didn't really know what to study, until one day before bed, I prayed adamantly for God to show us what he should go back to school for. I prayed. I went to bed. As soon as I woke up, Mikey instant messages me that he has a strong feeling he wants to go to film school. Wow.

So fast forward 2 years, Mikey has completed his pre-reqs- with a 4.0 GPA. WHAT. A. NERD. SO again through prayer we applied to several schools and again asked God to show us where he belongs. Our thought was: lets apply to film schools but lets apply to some non-film school also and let God lead us. Long story short, we have been waiting since February 2011. We got our answer. Loud and clear.

Mikey has been accepted to the #1 film school in the country. Actually he was accepted to ALL the schools he applied to. It just so happens that this school was the one that gave us the most financial support. By FAR! I'm so proud. Yet my heart aches a little. We are going to have to move. To California. he's going to USC.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...